Monday, August 27, 2012

cheaters sometimes prosper

 
Maybe not really cheating , let's call it a shortcut .

 
I found a delicious recipe for rainbow cake the other day
and thought I had saved it somewhere safely .
Well I didn't save it safely so I had to improvise.
 
I had very little time (Clare speak for I wasn't organised)
and needed to whip something up that looked good.
 
I just used a plain old vanilla cake mix and made it up.
Then I  divided the mix into three and coloured it .
I would have done more colours but this was all I had.

 
It was all so very easy but I will tell people it was hard .
That's just the sort of girl I am .

4 comments:

Bec Clarke said...

My mother-in-law is one of the best cooks in our area and that's all that she does, makes a big cake mix and divides it up.

Kylie said...

I think you probably did it the best way :)
I made rainbow cake last year for my daughters' 1st birthday. I tried this fabulous rainbow cake recipe, one that had the quantities set for each individual layer - it was horrid. The batter was yellow (more yellow than a packet cake mix), so the colours were not a nice colour and it cooked like crap. Take 2, I made up a regular cake mix, divided it up into separate bowls and coloured it, then baked it in separate tins (layering it once cooked). It turned out brilliant :) not perfect bright colours, but more like pastel as the cake mix was a creamy colour - next time I will attempt a proper white cake mix (no yolks, just egg whites & I think no butter as well)

Indigo Blue said...

Very eye-catching though isn't it? Would make a lovely Eastery cake with those colours.

I used a cake mix and halved with a chocolate cake mix for cupcakes and they were even more fun to eat as each one was different.
xx

tampico said...



keto diet weight loss yahoo answers
keto weight loss 20 days
jual keto weight loss
keto weight loss in a year
keto weight loss 1 month reddit
keto weight loss up
keto weight loss each week
keto weight loss 20 lbs
keto weight loss 5 days
keto weight loss stall week 5
keto to weight loss
what is keto weight loss product
keto weight loss 14 days
charley horse treatments
1st horse supplies
horse supplies perth
horse supplies melbourne
horse supplies nz
horse supplies brisbane
horse supplies direct
horse supplies canada
horse supplies list
horse supplies for sale
horse supplies online
horse supplies near me
horse supplies
1st horse supplies