Friday, December 16, 2011

the point is



Hello there !
I've been making poinsettia brooches and thought
if you had a spare few minutes you might like
to make some too .



First I made a template from cardboard in a sort of
poinsettia petal shape .
Mine is about 1" along the base tapering to the top
and about 3" high .
Trace 6 petals on doubled Christmasy fabric .
Stitch around the sides leaving the base open
for turning through .
Cut around the petal with pinking shears
and trim the point .
Turn right side out and press .


Use a double thread and tacking stitch to join the petals.
Pull the thread to gather the petals into a flower shape.


Use little , teeny stitches to stitch the flower securely .

Add some pretty matching buttons to the centre .

I can hardly call this a tutorial (but I will anyway) these are so easy !


These can be used as brooches , gift toppers or Christmas
 decorations maybe you'd like to wear one in your hair!

I hope you get a chance to make some of these .


19 comments:

Maria said...

Thank you for sharing this cute tutorial.
Will go into my cave and have a go.

Anonymous said...

Oh that does look easy...she says hopefully...so effective..just found presents for the Mothers and Mother in law I am thinking.
Could be a new sewing addiction too...like I need another one,
Kiss Noises Linda

Louise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Louise said...

Love these Christmassy corsages, no time to make them this year but I'm thinking next year they would make fabulous embellishments on Christmas presents wrapped in plain brown paper. Thanks for the idea! X.

elliesue said...

Absolutely love the Poinsietta brooch/hair thingie. Have been looking for a very quick way of making one for a Chrissie present.

Sandra :) said...

Those are seriously cute - I agree with Louise that for next year they would be great to make to decorate packages, but I would also pin them on my winter coat and purse, lol!

Allie said...

So very stinkin' cute - I love these - thanks Clare, I'm going to have to try them!!!

Lurline said...

Just gorgeous - thanks for showing!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Vic said...

Oh these are so pretty! My Gran would like one of these I think!

Scented Sweetpeas said...

Thanks for sharing that with us x

quilary said...

One of my favourite flowers! Thanks for the tutorial..I might just be able to get one made before Christmas now

Lisa said...

I just made the template. I'm off now to make a few. I'm your newest follower!

Lisa said...

So we made one this evening. My children had great fun helping. They decided the petals needed a little stuffing so ours is a little puffy! Very cute. Thanks for the tutorial. I think we'll be making a few more before very long.

Deanna said...

Nice! I'll be making several of these next year.

Margarita said...

Cute Clare, as usual you have come up with something different.

Melanie said...

They are great I will be making some of those. xxx

Kate said...

Love those poinsettias, Clare!

Psychedelic therapist said...

buy papers-cones online
buy sativa online uk usa
lsd-dream-emulator-buy online
buy-legal-mdmas online usa uk
buy-ediblesonline usa uk
buy-gumies-online online uk usa
buy-weed-online-legit uk usa
buy cbd-oil online usa uk
buy ayahuasca online uk usa
buy golden-teacher-mushroom uk usa
buy golden-teacher-mushroom online uk usa canada
buy morels online uk usa canada
buy mushrooms online usa uk canada

Unknown said...

French bulldog puppies for sale - Roger breeder, your number one loving pet care, will provide you with the most amazing, cute, and adorable french bulldog for sale or adoption you can ever find on the internet. Its no doubts that french bulldogs are among the "Most Popular Dog Breeds in The World – with Frenchies Crowned #12 in this list, curated in 2021, according to an encyclo released on Memoir.
french bulldog puppies for sale
french bulldog for sale
french bulldog for sale michigan